If you’re traveling for Easter like me, you can’t show up empty-handed! I plan to make some delicious, low-carb cupcakes for my cousins and their kids. Why not give them a try yourself?
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- ½ cup erythritol
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting*
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup erythritol, powdered in a grinder
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Mix the eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla bean paste in a medium size bowl.
3. You want the batter to be really smooth, so use a hand mixer if you need to. Set the bowl to the side.
4. Mix together the almond flour, erythritol, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5. Slowly whisk the batter into the almond flour. If you have a hard time mixing them together, just use the hand blender until it is smooth.
6. The mixture will seem a little dry, but this is normal.
7. Using a ¼ cup measure, spoon out eight servings into a lined muffin or cupcake pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F or until they’re lightly browned on top. Frost after they have cooled.
Serving size is 8 @ 328 calories per cupcake 29.87g Fats, 4.38g Net Carbs, and 6.75g Protein